Monday, November 17, 2014

Compendium of Curosities Vol. 3 Challenge Week No. 15

This is my collage for the 15th CC3 Challenge sponsored this time by Inspiration Emporium.  The challenge involves a product from page 38 of Tim's Book - a cabinet card pocket.  I have a bunch of "found ancestors" cabinet cards in my stash, but (and maybe you can relate) I won't use them in my art, at least not the originals - eek! too scary! I'll use scans, but with a cabinet card pocket, you can do a DIY version.  So much fun to play with.

Here's a close-up to better see the story of the collage  ; - )

7 comments:

Candy C said...

Okay...I LOVE this! What a very cool idea to put the script writing INSIDE of the cabinet card and the photograph OUTSIDE! Very clever idea and it WORKS!!! You've done a lovely job of collaging several textures, patterns and colors to create a beautiful look. I love Maude Fealy photographs! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing your art with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The sentiment totally cracks me up...LOVE it! Fab use of the image, the lace, the layers! Gorgeous! Thanks for much for playing along with us on the Cabinet Card Pocket challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Susan said...

Love the romantic feel to this project and how you used a scene in the Cabinet Card behind the beautiful young woman! So nice done - I Love it!

Anonymous said...

A fabulous cabinet card! Great sentiment....love it! A wonderful piece. Karen.x

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fabulous collage! So elegant, and such a fun journaled sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

Scrapintheattic.com said...

What a great backdrop the cabinet card makes for the photo. Lovely x

Annette Green said...

What a lovely make. I love the typed message below. Thanks for playing along in the CC3 Challenge. Beautiful!