Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hello Again!


Just in case you were wondering, I've been here all along, I've just had a new edition to my life over the past year that takes up a really big part of it. This is Nora. In this picture she's 9 weeks old and 20 some pounds. I hadn't had a puppy in 15 years and I must say that it's a good thing that they grow up fast :-) I really didn't expect her to rearrange my life as much as she did - you know, things like getting up at 5am, spending time housebreaking, spending time playing, going to puppy classes, etc. etc. Needless to say, it was impossible to have crafty pursuits! She's is now grown up at almost 1 1/2yrs.old and 132.5lbs (eek!) and she's not quite finished growing...... I do enjoy having a dog again, and I think the cats have finally forgiven me.

We've had a very snowy winter this year and here's another picture of her after playing in the snow:


Have you ever tried taking a selfie with a dog? I wanted to show just how huge she is and these are my attempts:




So this is us now. She hangs out with me, but she won't go upstairs where my project room is so I have had to become more portable. I am able to play in various journals and am finding time for my creative pursuits again and I have a lot of pages that I can share.

I hope to reconnect with all of you again!

6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

She's grown HUGE since I saw you back in May. What a cutie!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh my- she is HUGE but oh what a saweeet face!! Welcome back Penny. I forgot whether you had said when you got her-she is a "newfie" isn't she?

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Penny and Nora, the sweetest duo in all the land :)
Those photographs are adorable, they are certainly making my heart melt and making me wish I had a big bear of a dog to lean on.
So good to have you back.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Have you cut your hair?!

Renee said...

What a sweet face! That dog has the most soulful eyes.

Jennie Atkinson said...

What a fabulous dog you have! So lovely to see you back again. xxx

Miss Iowa said...

Your pup is adorable! I'm so glad you're posting again. I loved your artwork and really missed seeing what you had made. Welcome back!