Monday, August 20, 2012

CC2C week 18 tags


Here's my tag for week 18's Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge - sponsored this week by the Funkie Junkie Boutique - where you'll find the technique on page 47 of Tim's book called whitewash stamping.  I have to confess that when I read the technique, I thought it would never work for me, because I don't seem to have the greatest results with Picket Fence stain, but I've stuck with all the challenges so far and got out a kraft tag and it worked!  It's a fun effect for your background and here's my close-up view:


So if it worked with a kraft tag, I had to try it on a regular manila tag ;-)  Much brighter colors, don't you think?


Stamps: Graffiti Splatter stamps by Tangie Baxter, phrase stamp - Donna Downey for Unity

3 comments:

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Both your tags are beautiful!!! I couldn't decide which one I liked best! :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Penny
I don't have much success with picket fence either!!!
What you have done with these Tags is beautiful, I like both; the subtleness of the Kraft and the luminosity of the manila. They are very pleasing to the eye.
Smiles:)
Sue

Danee said...

I love the art journal quality of this tag. Whimsical with Great colors.