Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CC2C weeks 11 and 12

For the CC2 Challenge this time, it's a combination of pages 33 and 34 of Tim's book - configuration boxes techniques.  Like so many of you participating in these challenges, I had a configurations box I'd been saving since I found it on sale at Michael's.  My idea is a combination of a vintage sewing box theme and inspiration of wooden spool scrolls I've seen in a couple Stampington publications.  I stained torn strips of muslin with Distress Stains and stamped random words and phrases that came to mind on them.  Then I attached each strip to a spool and added an eyelet to one end which I used to tie a length of baker's twine to wrap around it and hold it in place.  I added buttons in places, and kraft colored chit-chat stickers mounted on black cardstock in others.

Here are closer views of the compartments:




And here are all the spools opened up.  I chose to not attach them in the compartments so that I could pull them out and read them from time to time... although in my house, that could be risky as one did fall out and was quickly utilized as a cat toy!!!!  Fortunately, I rescued it and put it back in its place :-)


4 comments:

Lori said...

This is GENIUS and I LOVE it!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Penny
This looks just wonderfully delicious; not that I want to eat it! But your pastel palette is soft, warm and yummy, covering the box with printed paper is a wonderful contrast.
I just love it.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jane said...

What a great idea! Way to step out of the 'box'..

Lisa H said...

I love what you did with the spools! so cool