Sunday, June 3, 2012

CC2C week 8 tags

It's week 8 of Linda's CC2 Challenge and the technique is "repurposed packaging" from page 62 of Tim's book.  There are two techniques to try and I made a tag for each one.  One challenge in working with packaging is always how to attach it. 

With my first tag, the flowers demonstrate the technique and I sewed them on.  I used these cool Prima wood embellishments that look like spool tops.


With my second tag I tried the other technique with the circles and I attached them with glossy accents.


The close-up lets you see the circles better.  The rest of the tag is kind of a dot explosion!  I used a stamp from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (Impression Obsession) that I stamped with Distress Stains and added a whole bunch of doodled dots and doodled around the packaging circles to help them stand out.  
Phrase stamp: Catslife Press

4 comments:

Shelann said...

Love the bold approach and the sentiments!

Connie said...

I have been enjoying your tags. The choice of colors, the composition, the three dimensional factor, and the sentiments. Have a lovely week and keep making art. Connie :)

AngelicaS said...

Wow..love the flowers!!!

Danee said...

2 stunning backgrounds. I ADORE the "make art" tag…so fun and whimsical.