Sunday, March 4, 2012

Green Paper March Collage Challenge


The first week of each month Mary Green of Green Paper runs a collage challenge and I had a chance to play along this time because I had a fun idea to try. With the challenge you have to use at least a portion of each of three images she provides. You can see the images on her blog post HERE. I had the idea to make a dress form doll using a hand cut dress form out of chipboard painted with raw umber paint. The first image of the girl was easy to use. From the second image, I cut the strips of music into kind of a flower petal shape and added them to a few more strips of music and patterned paper and lace to create her skirt. The third image was trickier....it had a teeny tiny pink flower that I cut out and used with a scrap of patterned paper and lace for a hair adornment.




The close up of the skirt shows all the various petals given an edge inking with distress ink and a little flip of a curl for more dimension. Adding things bit by bit to build my doll sure was a lot of fun!

11 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Oh how sweet this is! Clever girl!

Mary said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is fabulous!

Susan said...

Very cute! Love that skirt!

Susan said...

Very cute! I love her skirt!

Maggie said...

a very clever "3-d" take on the challenge!

Leslie said...

Very cute. The first 3d entry I've seen in Mary's challenges.

Debbie K. said...

I just LOVE this, Penny! Just adorable.

Sabrina said...

What a unique approach! I would never have thought of that, and the skirt is so wonderful with the bit of curl!

michken said...

Wow!! This is my favorite! Love the look of this doll! Nancy Layne

Trishia said...

Add my rave to the others about the skirt!! Ingenious.

Anonymous said...

This definitely looks like you had lots of fun. Love the whimsy to it.
Lynne x