Thursday, January 5, 2012

GC133 Chestnut Theme Challenge

This week at Gingersnap Creations it's the Chestnut Theme Challenge to use a set or line of stamps. January's sponsor is Stampotique Originals and I chose to use stamps all from one line by Amy Wilson Wellenstein. I love to use photo stamps so I couldn't resist building a hanging collage around this stamp called "Winter Ride". I layered that onto a background paper where I heat embossed 2 more stamped images - "The Wave" and "Joy Definition" . The swirl pattern coordinated beautifully with a swirl embossing folder that I used on white cardstock, and then I layered all of that over another scrap of embossed cardstock left over from my gift card project where I embossed snowflakes and highlighted the embossing with white pigment ink. I added punched snowflakes that I lightly swiped with Versamark to be able to add white EP to give a snowy effect and then did the same to the edges of the whole hanging. The final stamped piece is the word joy cut from the "Word Collage" stamp and added to the main photo stamp image. I think she definitely looks joyful, but I'm not so sure about her little sister on the sled! Being a big sister myself, there was always a certain amount of satisfaction in picking on your younger sibling, but of course I would have never done anything like that to my little brother ;-)

The challenge is open until January 29th and you can leave a link to your project using a set or line of stamps on the GC blog post HERE. One randomly drawn winner will win a $30 voucher to the Stampotique Originals store.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
Exudes that wintry feel and also of friendship.
Wishes
Lynne

Jeany said...

HinPenny, this looks again very nice. I keep repeating myself
LOL love the colouring, I hopebyou cannshow us this year again so many lovely art pieces, a big hug from Janine

Cheri said...

This just blows me away, Penny. So much detail. I sure can relate to those sibling moments....sometimes fun...sometimes...not so much. LOL (Depending upon which end of the teasing I was on.)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful winter card, love all the blues.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Penny! I love all your fabulous layers!

trisha too said...

This is charming, Penny!

:)

Sue said...

This is beautiful, so much for the eye to see, and such a Wintery feel x