Monday, October 10, 2011

RRD Rebel Challenge #4

I wanted to play along with the new challenge at Rogue Redhead Designs where the theme is a tag with a quote. I chose to use the Thoreau quote from Beach Babes and stamped it with white pigment ink directly onto this photo of my Dad walking along the beach at Pemaquid Point. Now I know many of you would say that the beaches where you live are beautiful and sandy, but I LOVE our rocky Maine coast beaches and Pemaquid is one of my favorites. Actually where my Dad is walking is right along the cliff edge - there's a sheer drop-off right down to the Atlantic. Needless to say, Pemaquid is not a swimming kind of beach; more a hang out on the rocks and listen to the crashing waves kind of beach - so wonderful! To complete my tag, I added strips of paper using the script stamp from Relish Reading and the sand pattern stamp from Beach Babes stamped using watercolor crayons and water spritzes to give a water-like look.

Here's a close-up of the stamped quote:

Why not join in with the challenge which runs until Nov. 6th - you might even win a $15 GC to the Rogue store! All the details are HERE.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tag with the most personal touch to it.
That is a stunning photograph.
Wishes
Lynne

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is a really lovely scene made into a beautiful tag. penny

Sherry said...

It's beautiful Penny!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag! Love the way you integrated the pic of your Dad!

Jeany said...

this looks so great, I love this tag. You did a great job. Have a great week.
Janine

Ana Márquez said...

Bautiful image and colours. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Thats my kind of beach, rugged and ready and really wildly beautiful. Your tag is stunning too, excellent work
Have a lovely week
Hugs June x