Friday, August 12, 2011

Imagine Canvas

I have recently been playing around with collages on canvas board and have one to share. This one is 8 1/2in x 11in. I love to start with a base layer and just keep adding on subtly changing what you've done before. I started by adhering scraps of text paper and sheet music, then used washes of gesso and acrylic paint to build color. I also added die-cut circles of sheet music, gessoed over them, and then highlighted with oil pastel - let me tell you, my fingers were quite pretty by this time! Then I stamped flourishes with black acrylic paint, added tissue tape and black cardstock strips, then chipboard letters altered with ink and UTEE, and finally the word "possibilities" with pen and india ink. So much fun! I'm also entering this in the August Challenge over at Inspiration Emporium where the theme is acrylic paint which I've used both as washes and for stamping in my canvas.

Stamp Credit: Stampers Anonymous

7 comments:

Jeany said...

hi penny, this one looks so nice, I love the alfabeth, great look they have. Have a nice weekend, big hug, Janine

Anonymous said...

This piece of art would be wonderful to have hanging in a studio or craft area as a means of motivation.
Beautiful layers.
Wishes
Lynne

Debbie K. said...

Just LOVE this Penny! The colors are perfect and it just pops off the wall. Great job:)

Ana Márquez said...

A great work!

Dear blogger friend, I must say that my health isn't very good these days, and I have to rest a little. I'll continue posting my new vintage image everyday for all you, they are already preparated and I just have to click :-), but don't worry if you don't see me here for some days. I hope to come back soon, God willing and then I will catch up with my visits.

See you soon :-)

trisha too said...

This is so pretty--love the color, VERY nice, Penny!

:)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous canvas! Very inspirational idea by a very inspirational artist!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Don't you just love collage on canvas? I love all the layers you have created and the chipboard letters...this piece belongs on a wall where everyone will see it :)