Sunday, October 10, 2010

Creative Spirit Challenge




I found out about Cindy's Creative Spirit Challenge from my friend Lynne's blog Adorn and thought it was interesting that you could choose any theme for your creation. I had not posted this collage yet, and since I was inspired by a blog to enter it, I thought I would share some other blog links that contributed to the inspiration for this collage. The image of the finches is from Mary at Green Paper (HERE). Check out her blog for great inspiration using vintage images, a monthly challenge, and her online classes about collage - so full of inspiring ideas! Also, this piece was inspired by Marie at Lost Bird Studio (HERE), another friend who has such a beautiful shabby chic vintage style. I have always loved things she's done using vintage bird images and wanted to incorporate one into a collage. And if you're unfamiliar with Lynne's work, a visit to her blog Adorn (HERE) is well worth it for wonderful inspiration. There's still time to enter this challenge - it's open until the 15th, and there's a great prize so check Cindy's blog (HERE).

6 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Penny,
Thanks so much for linking this up!!! So beautiful!! And I'm so happy that you have joined the challenge. I have it each month on the 8th of the month...so happy you are playing along!!!
XO

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Penny I am so glad you were able to participate in this challenge. Isn't it such a great idea of Cindy's, no theme, make anything you wish, great idea. I adore Marie's art and can see why you would be inspired by her creations. This is so beautiful, delicate, reminiscent of old books on nature and botanicals. Thank you so much for your kind words Penny, makes me feel quite humble. Lynne x (P.S. Not sure if you would be interested but I am having my first ever Giveaway!)

Debbie K. said...

Beautiful, Penny! Love the birds and the little pom-pom trim on the bottom. Wish I had time to do some of these challenges but things are just too hectic for me right now:( Have a great evening...

Netty said...

This is gorgeous Penny. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the different textures!