Sunday, September 26, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities #15

Here's my colorful piece for this week's Compendium of Curiosities challenge. Alcohol ink agate on grunge is the technique, and I was so surprised how bright and brilliant this technique was when done on grungeboard. I think I expected a more toned-down and subdued feel based on the book pictures. All my pieces (except the metal button) are grungeboard scraps cut into various shapes. My magenta flower piece is alcohol inked tissue tape inspired by a post on Wendi Vecchi's blog Studio 490

8 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous piece, Penny! Love the brilliant colors, they look fabulous!

Yelowflower said...

That is so bright and cheery! The technique looks so great on those flowers and that tape? wonderful!

Sherry said...

It's lovely! All the different textures and bright colours are great.

Linda Ledbetter said...

The is beautiful, Penny! I love the clear, vibrant colors you used, and the simple-but-elegant design really allows the agate technique to take center stage. I love how you alternated the grungeboard textures, and the inked tissue tapes looks awesome! This would make an incredible and inspiring wall hanging!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very textural. I never thought AI's could look so vivid mixed with grungeboard.

Netty said...

This is so gorgeous Penny, what fab colour choices. Terrific design as well. Enjoy your week. x

MarleneMAZ said...

Just gorgeous! I love all the bright colours you used, and the flower is just fab!

Chris said...

Such a beautiful and colourful piece Penny, I love it! :)