Friday, August 13, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities #9

It's up to week #9 for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge and this week it's Distress Crackle. My piece uses Maya Road chipboard pieces and colored Distress Crackle Paint, as well as the metallic version, and the clear Rock Candy version. I have to confess to a love/hate relationship with the Distress Crackle paints - sometimes they give me the look I'm going for, but not always. I have inked over all the pieces here to accent the crackles and I think that helps a bit.

7 comments:

Terry said...

Penny, this is just so cute! Love how well your crackle shows up on the house! Great background! Happy to follow you!

Netty said...

Another beautiful piece Penny, Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Penny, this is so sweet and so perfectly done! I love little blue house with the heart, and the dictionary and sheet music background work so beautifully. The crackles looks fabulous!

Distress Crackle is definitely a moody product, but you've certainly made it behave here! This is a wonderful work of art!

Lori said...

Fab piece! Love the MR chip, don't you? lol! Yep, I definitely think inking over the crackle is the way to go!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is such an adorable project! Love the "smoke" coming out of the chimney, and the way you've used the sheet music!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

The red heart on the house is utterly adorable. Such a sweet piece of art. Have a lovely week Penny. Lynne x

BadPenny said...

just catching up with your lovely work Penny xx