Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gingersnap Creations - markers challenge

This is a card I made for the Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations where the theme is "Markers". I created a background using the Double-Bug Technique from Technique Junkies. Using a piece of Ten Seconds Studio's colored metal in Dijon, first run the metal piece through the Cuttlebug embossing folder, sand the embossed areas to reveal the silver metal, then run the piece through the Cuttlebug again with the piece underneath the embossing folder to flatten it. For the "double" step, run the metal through using a different embossing folder. I sanded the embossed areas again and colored the flowers and leaves with Sharpie markers. I got a bit carried away with this technique - you can create some really fun combinations! I thought I'd share some variations I tried.

I hope you're inspired to pull out your markers and why not create something for the marker challenge? You can post a link to your project on the GC blog challenge post HERE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love your cuttlebug combos and the wonderful pop of the red flowers on the silver and tan!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

So beautiful and love the colour combination. Lynne x

Cheri said...

Great idea, Penny. I have tried the double bug technique on paper...never on metal. These are awesome.

Lori said...

Wow, great stuff, Penny! I'm soooo into metal right now, I mean, I've been hoarding it for a while, but recently I want to put it on everything! The double bugging with it is very cool, and I'll have to give that a go!

Netty said...

Terrific idea, Annette x

peggy gatto said...

I am amazed at these, such details make all the difference!
lovely