Thursday, July 29, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #7

The technique this week at Linda's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge is Tinted Vision Fragments. When I first got my book, I remembered looking at this technique and didn't think I'd like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The edges of the fragment are reminiscent of old silver mirrors where the paint is peeling and curling back. It really does give an interesting look. I created a collage with various paper scraps from Oxford Impressions, Paper Whimsy, and Green Paper and the image in the fragment is from Digital Collage Sheets.

9 comments:

Netty said...

Hi Penny, this is fab. Just love Through the Looking Glass theme, its brilliant. Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Penny, I've been trying for MONTHS to figure out what those tinted Fragments remind me of, and you just solved the mystery! Of course! Old silver mirrors is exactly right. Thank you!!!

Your Fragment is absolutely gorgeous! I love those rich berry colors, and the photo you used is really dramatic and beautiful. The entire card is stunning, actually, but then, I always know to expect that from you. ♥

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic use of the fragment and I love love the sentiment, so apt for this card. Beautiful creation. Tracy Evans x

Terry said...

Wonderful sentiment! I love how you used the fragment! Beautiful!

Sherry said...

You've created a lovely vintage piece with your fragment and I like the colours you've used too.

(I've just been looking at your fabric journal - it's gorgeous, and piano hinge tutorial - it looks so interesting, I must come back for a closer look - tfs)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

What a fantastic page. That fragment looks as though it was unearthed in Great Grandma's attic (possibly an old beau!). Stunning. Have a great weekend Penny. Lynne M x

Lori said...

Wonderful as always, Penny!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Penny, this is just GORGEOUS! Lovin' everything about your creation here.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my CCC7 creation and commenting as well :)

minnie_mac said...

A great piece. Love your choice of papers which go beautifully with the picture and the fragment.

Marilyn