Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fabric Collages



I thought I'd share these collages that are done on a base of canvas. I've been playing with gel medium transfers and these are done with Claudine Hellmuth's multi medium. I've found that I can use my Epson ink jet printer that uses pigment ink to do this, and before, I used to print on cheap copy paper thinking that the paper pulp would be easy to rub off. But for these pieces I used my thin Epson paper and was so pleased with how true the colors were and the paper pulp still was easy to rub off!!! The background images are all done as transfers and then I added other paper images to the collage and really fun shabby fabric flowers (I know I've given this link before, but Roben-Marie Smith's video tutorial HERE is definitely worth another mention - check it out.) All my images are from digital scans of antique french postcards from French Kissed (find Trishia's etsy shop HERE) - another place you need to check out!

8 comments:

Debby said...

Gorgeous!!! You are a busy girl.
Debby

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Penny, these are stunning. Love those flowers, too!

Healing Woman said...

These collages are fabulous. Also, I went to Roben-Marie's blog and watched her video on how to make a placemat journal. Wonderful! Thanks so much for linking. The shabby flowers you used on your post cards are lovely.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

oh, to die for, thanks for the link I'll check it out.Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Marie

Debbie K. said...

Lovely collages, Penny!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Oh My, Oh My - sublime. Lynne x

Trishia said...

Penny, you make me look so good:) Uh, my images that is:) AND I just found one of your pages on Mary Green's flickr group. Love the blue eyed girl with the long hair!

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful!