Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paperbag Studios February Stamp Challenge

For the February Stamp Challenge at Paperbag Studios the theme is wire. I was playing around with wire wrapping and thought how much my tiny coiled piece looked like curly hair, so I found this stamp with 2 little girls and embellished them with curls! The whole thing just screamed out for the title "silly" so that is added with wire on the bottom and a larger "curl" of wire is at the top to allow the piece to hang. Even though this is a stamp challenge, I also incorporated one of my favorite Paperbag Studios digital papers by printing it and transferring it with multi medium onto canvas and used that as the background for the stamped image. The canvas is sewn onto Glimmer Misted watercolor paper. If you'd like to participate in this challenge, you have until Feb. 28 - see the details on the Paperbag Studios blog HERE.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Love the idea of using wire for hair! Very funny!

Zoechaos said...

Delightful idea so clever and love the wire word!

Roben-Marie said...

What a cool idea! I love the curly hair you created here!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Wow, the wire curls are amazing!!! I love the different ways you've incorporated 'wire' in this challenge :)

Art By Wanda said...

LOL Silly yes... but also wonderful!!!! Very cool!!!!