Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gothic Arches - Correspondence

This is my arch for this week's Gothic Arches challenge where this week the challenge is by Louise Granlund with a theme of "correspondence". Of course I first wanted to try adding a tag in there somewhere in honor of Louise's Tag Tuesday challenge ;-), but I had another idea instead and made vintage looking envelopes using blank old book pages. They look so wonderfully worn because the paper kind of cracked with folding into an envelope shape and made a believable vintage look. Do you know the feeling you get if you find a stack of old letters wrapped in ribbon at a flea market or antique store? You can imagine how they were lovingly saved in a box or drawer and read over and over again - I love the glimpse you get into someone's life that way - such a difference from the emails that are sent now. Stamp credits: Stampers Anonymous and Technique Tuesday.

14 comments:

Debbie K. said...

Just beautiful, Penny! Love it!!! You are soooo creative. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

Lori Saul said...

Very beautiful presentation Penny- wonderful arch and sentiment!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Penny, I love what you did with this arch. The bundle of letters with the rose has such a romantic feel to it. And your sentiment is wonderful!

Martina said...

What a wonderful and beautiful arch!
Your work is amazing! I love looking at your creations!

Effie said...

That is so different! fabulous!

Femmy said...

great arch!! love the use of the enveloppes!!

BadPenny said...

this is so charming & pretty.

I have my Aunt's old letters etc but I can't bring myself to use the origionals & photocopies just are not the same.

Am going to try printing onto calico to see if the effect works.

Antonella said...

This is just beautiful! I love the idea of using the old book pages. Hugs, antonella :-)

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

very beautiful arch and very romantic.
Love the feel of it.

LynnF said...

Stunning! Very creative! LynnF

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

Your arch is beautiful and so unique. The envelopes are wonderful and the whole look and composition is spectacular.

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful arch!!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

So beautiful. Adore it. Lynne M x

Trishia said...

Penny,
I'm so glad I was nosey!hehe I'm enjoying your blog and this beautiful creation really 'speaks' to me. Tres belle!