Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gingersnap Creations - Color Challenge - Metallics

This is my card for the Color Challenge at Gingersnap Creations. With the theme of metallics, I tried to incorporate that in different ways. I stamped and heat embossed my main image of the woman onto metallic paper, I cuttlebug embossed the heart onto a piece of copper flashing, alcohol inked it, then sanded off the raised areas, I made a paint from perfect pearls and water and stamped with that onto the black card base, and added some gold Dresden foil. And I almost forgot, gold paint dabber edging on the outer card and inner window. Another fun feature of the card which you can't see, is that it stays closed by having a thin magnet on the back which works because of the metal heart on the front. Stamp credits: Lost Coast Designs and Stampers Anonymous.

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous Penny, Love the focus on the Red Heart , stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love your dry embossing on the copper! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Metallics Challenge!