Monday, January 25, 2010

Gothic Arches Alphabet Pages

I wanted to share pictures of some fun collages I completed this weekend for a project with my altered book group. The idea is to make gothic arched shaped pages using a theme of letters of the alphabet. We randomly drew letters and these are my 5. I'm really pleased with how they turned out and they're done a whole week in advance!

B is the first one above. My picture of Lina Cavalleri is from Digital Collage Sheets. I just love making cut up flower hats! I also added a cuttlebug embossed piece of foil tape on cardstock that I alcohol inked and sanded.

My next letter is N and I chose a numbers collage. This was fun to pick out stuff from my stash to utilize.

Next is T for Typewriter. I wanted an excuse to collage from Graphic45 paper.

W is for winter. I started with a Glimmer Misted background using snowflake screens, added crackle paint on the edges and acetate snowflakes adhered with picket fence stickles.

And finally Y for yellow. My little girl image is from Paper Whimsy, the butterfly stamp image from Piddix, and the tulip stamp from Oxford Impressions. This one also has a nice shimmery Glimmer Mist shine to it in real life.

Now I can't wait to see what everyone else creates - I think it will be a really fun book when they're all combined.

5 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Penny, these are all amazing. I am sure the book will be fabulous. (Just love the QWERTY typewriter letters:)

Debbie K. said...

Love all of them Penny but my favorite has to be the first one with the woman with the flowers used for a hat...so cute. You used great colors on all of them. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the great work!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Penny
this is just gorgeous...each arch is a true work of art and beautifully composed! love them all! :)

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely LOVE your arches! So glad I came by...it's been just awhile!

Very creative and inspiring : )

piddix said...

What a beautiful collection. Nicely done.