Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gingersnap Creations - Embossing Powder Challenge

I have been wanting to participate in the challenges at Gingersnap Creations and have created this heart shaped minibook for their Spicy Supply Challenge #38 which is embossing powder. My background uses one of my favorite techniques - embossing powder resist. I sprayed the background watercolor paper with Glimmer Mists. The photos and the heart edges were edged with Versamark then sprinkled with embossing powder. One side effect (or maybe you could call it a "happy accident") of this technique on the photos printed on ink jet glossy photo paper, was that the emulsion got a little hot and cracked, but I think it adds to the vintage look. I also stamped into hot embossing powder to create the heart seals, and finally stamped and embossed on vellum for the labels under the pictures. Images: Luna Girl, Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Inkadinkado, One Stamp Dreamer.

3 comments:

Juls said...

wow!!! this creation is just absolutly stunning!!!!! Love it! Hugs Juls

Ali Manning said...

Wow - this is an amazing project!! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Cheri said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Penny! I saw your piece selected for the honor of Gem on Gingersnap Creations. This was so creative and romantic!