Friday, November 13, 2009

I've been PUBLISHED!!!!

Last night I arrived home from work, flipped through the mail, and found the new issue of Stampers' Sampler and excitedly opened it. You see, I saw in the "On the Horizons" section of the last issue a card that I submitted, so I figured it was fairly certain that it would be published - a first for me! So very cool to see it in the pages of the magazine. But what I never expected was that a piano hinge book I submitted was also featured!! WOW!!! It has a whole 2 pages!! WOW again!!!!

I thought I would add my photo here of what the outside of the book looks like - these piano hinge books are one of my favorites to make, and for this one I used ceramic tiles covered with alcohol ink for the covers.

12 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful honor and surprise! It's clearly well-deserved--look at your beautiful work! I'm so impressed with your gorgeous book! I'll be on the lookout for more published works from you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your work is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Yay Congratulations x Youre work looks amazing - I must pick up a copy of the mag now!

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations!!

Juls said...

congrats girl!! I am not surprised your work is amazing!!

Sarah Anderson said...

I can't believe this is the first time you've been published!!! It's certainly a beginning, your work is stunning!! Will be looking out for the mag! Well done you :)

Zoechaos said...

Congratulatons and so well deserved stunning book your work is stunning have not seen piano hinge books before the whole idea is so exciting.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful spread in the magazine and the work is stunning!

Robin said...

Congrats on being published! Beautiful card and book!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Woooo Hoooo ,you go girl. I can't believe its your first time being published either. I know I'll be seeing alot more of you! Wonderful work!

Debbie K. said...

Loved your hinged book, Penny and your card is simply gorgeous! If you are like me, you spend the entire nite paging thru the newest issue when it arrives in your mail box:) Congrats!!!!
Debbie Kaste

~*~Patty S said...

Oh how wonderful Penny!!!
BIG Congratulations!!!
You must be over the moon about this!
oxo