Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tag Tuesday - Summer Flowers

This week at Tag Tuesday the challenge was to use flowers and I found a tutorial for Wendy Vecchi's dimensional grungepaper roses to try out. She warned that they are addictive and she's right! I cheated a little by using a six petal diecut as a template because I didn't have her stamp set. I've used one of the flowers on a small canvas tag painted with twinkling H2O's. Stamp credits: Stampers Anonymous and Technique Tuesday on the canvas and Stamp Camp on the flower. I'd encourage anyone to try out Wendy's tutorial on her blog (here) - these really are a lot of fun to make.


You can see that I couldn't stop with one and thought I'd take a picture of the others I made with various colors of Distress inks. Stamps used on the flowers are from Stampin'Up, Stampington, Scrappy Cat, and Stamp Camp.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

These flowers are fabulous! I will have to try this. Your tag looks great, I love the piece of canvas used for your tag, nicely done. Cheers!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Good for you for giving those grunge flowers a try! I thought about it .... and thought that's a lot of work. They look gorgeous! I love the fabric tag, too!