Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ready-Steady-STAMP! Challenge 3


My RSS entry comes with a Maine history lesson! The ingredients for this challenge were 1: Monument, 2:Blue, 3:Metal Embellishment, 4:Cuttlewax technique, and 5: Cork. I had a hard time with the Monument part and took a long time trying to choose something. I wanted to use something that reflected where I live, and finally had my idea while going to the Maine State library in Augusta at lunch where this statue of Samantha Smith is located. The story behind the monument is written on the plaque on a granite rock adjacent to it - that's the second photo.
For the project, I stamped on the cork background with a flourish stamp from Green Pepper Press, and then layered a gel-medium transfer of my image over the Cuttlewaxed paper. Other stamps used are from Technique Tuesday and Purple Onion Designs.

4 comments:

Juls said...

love your use of all the ingredients!! love the stamped swirls on the cork! such a fantastic work of art!

Isabelle Norris said...

Fantastic !!!! thanks for playing
isaxxx

P'tite Plume said...

Wow!!! It's fantastic! Great work!

Willy said...

Fabulous piece!