Friday, July 31, 2009

Tag Tuesday - Metallic

Tag Tuesday has a metallic theme this week. I tried to use multiple metallic things for this tag. The base is a piece of silver metal embossed with my Cuttlebug. I added denim and eggplant alcohol inks (it may be hard to tell it's a bluish color from my photo - sorry!) and sanded the highpoints to reveal the silver then stamped a text stamp from Paperbag Studios. The right side attachment is a Cricut cut piece with a coat of silver leafing pen, and I also used silver brads. I had to add the flowers even though they weren't metalllic - they just looked pretty - and they are simply Prima paper flowers folded into quarters.

2 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Penny, I just love the CBed tag. Would never have thought to use distress inks like that. The text is fabulous, too. What a great tag!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is stunning, Penny! I thought the silver objects were half moons, and that they looked fantastic! Then I read the write up and realized they're the flower stems? Anyway, this is a beautiful work of art. I'm in awe.